A. Defining “Church” …A group of Christ-followers who fully function, believe, and understand themselves to be the Body-of-Christ for their sphere of influence.
B. Five “Basics” of Church life (recurring patterns, or defining traits): worship.evangelism.discipleship.ministry.community
…some add missions, church planting, etc…you read Scripture and trust His Spirit to guide you in defining the essence of “church”. When your group begins living true to those Bible basics then call it the Body-of-Christ, The Church!
C. The five basics restated as: “rhythms” of the Body-of-Christ:
- Blessing Others with sacrificial help, encouragement, or prayer
- Openly Sharing about Christ’s influence in our life and journey today
- Worshiping, listening to, talking with…being personal with God
- Learning & Living by Christ’s truth…following Him as Lord of our actions and attitudes
- Seeking to “Be There” for each other in the ups & downs of life…often over a meal